This weekends family friendly events in Cork. Click the event title for further information. Have a great weekend!
- 25th:Charity Cycle for Ballincolligs Little Heroes, Raising money for the Clodagh Daly Trust and Darraghs Trust. Anglers Rest Bar, Ballincollig
- 25th:Supermacs 10th Anniversary, Mallow Open day 2-5pm
- 25th: Rock n’ Roll Camp for Kids. Designed for all boys and girls with an interest in music or just a curiosity for sharing music, aims to boost self-esteem and collaboration. The workshop will encompass performance, singing, percussion, guitar, and piano with popular music. The workshop will end with a performance for friends and family. Part of The Skibbereen Arts Festival.
- 25th:Get Your Snout Out BBQ, Anglers Rest Bar & Garden see image below for details.
- 26th: Schull Agricultural Show Includes horses and ponies, pets corner of young animals from local farms, local food market.
- 26th: Kevins’ Day, in aid of Crumlin Childrens Hospital & Ronald McDonald House, Crumlin. Family Day Carousel, DJ, Duck Race, Tea & Cakes, Toys, Burger Stall, Dog Show, Pony Rides, Egg & Spoon Race, Alvin & The Chipmunks on Stage, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Childrens Games, to name but a few. Douglas Community Park. 1-5pm
- 26th:5km Fun Run, Dripsey €10 entry fee. This fun run is raising funds for Marymount Hospice and Dripsey Community Association. Includes a fun day afterwards with BBQ, face painting, outdoor music, bouncy castle and also kids and adults races.
- 25th-26th: Cork Cycling Festival Highlights for the weekend include the Vintage Velo Run 1pm Saturday and the Traditional Music Cycle at 4.30pm Sunday. The full programme can be downloaded here.
- 26th: Mad Pride, Free Family Fun Day Arts and Crafts, puppetry, circus performers. Town Park, Skibbereen. Part of the Skibbereen Arts Festival.
- 26th: Summer Moves An Exciting Night of Dance and Acrobatics. Firkin Crane Theatre, Shandon.
Happy weekend everyone,
Seafood & Shanty Open Air Ceili and family entertainment Firework finale!
Where: Ballycotton National School
When: Friday 21st August, 19:00
There will be a live Ceile Band and Irish set dancers to encourage children (and adult!!) participation. There will be food stalls but picnics are actively encouraged with picnic tables and seating available. As the sun goes down, there will be an amazing fireworks display over Ballycotton Bay! This will be the last of the Summer Series of events so lets celebrate before we go back to school!
Ahiohill Community Festival
When: Friday 21st- Sunday 23rd August
See details below.
Corks Annual Bulb Day
Where: Griffins Garden Centre, Dripsey
When: Saturday 22nd August
There will be free workshops all day to encourage children to start planting. The kids get to carry home their pots filled with bulbs to nurture over the months and admire in spring.
Through out the day there is Free Face Painting, prize draws and lots of fun. Also at Griffins this year there will be the coolest Toy Tractor Derby on all Day. Kids that love fun will love Griffins Annual Bulb Day
National Heritage Week 2015
Where: All over the county
When: Saturday 22nd August Sunday 30th August
There are too many events to list here but we’ll try! The unveiling of a new fairy trail in the woods at Ballincollig Regional Park, a children’s tour of Charles Fort in Kinsale, Nature Walk and Willow Weaving in Glengarriff Woods. Plus loads more definitely check out the programmes below.
For the Cork City programme click the link here: http://www.heritageweek.ie/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/hw-corkcity.pdf
For the Cork County programme click the link here: http://www.heritageweek.ie/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/hw-corkcounty.pdf
Goldilocks & The Three Bears Sing-Along
Where: Briery Gap Theatre, Macroom
When: Sunday 23rd August, 15:00
Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Ruff the Dog and Mr. Bunny, perform live on stage, right before your eyes in this exciting and fun-filled musical production.
Throughout the show there are interactive moments that children and parents alike can enjoy. Watch your kids take part in action songs like the “Heads shoulders knees and toes” “If you happy and you know it” and “Im a little teapot” as well as many other all time children’s favourites.
The Story Bus
Where: St Patrick’s Quay
When: Sunday 23rd August, 14:00-18:00
Admission: from €17.00
HOP ON THE STORY BUS WHICH WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE FAIRY STORY. Come and learn about the fairies, their habits and life! Discover your own calling and how to follow it. Suitable for all-weather. Bring umbrellas and wellies, just in case!
Youghal Medieval Festival
Where: The College Gardens, Emmet Place, Youghal
When: Sunday 23rd August, 12:00–18:00
Now in its 9th year, this event has become a must-visit for all families of all ages. The annual free event takes place in the stunning surrounds of St. Marys College Gardens within the 13th Century Town Walls, showcasing Youghals unique history and heritage – bringing Youghals history to life.
This years event will feature battle re-enactments, medieval cookery displays, archery, and birds of prey. The kids kingdom will feature bouncy castles, traditional arts and crafts making (including make your own shield), face painting, balloon modelling and much more.
Shanagarry Kids Day Out
Where: Shanagarry Design Centre
When: 23rd August, 14:00-17:00
With face and nail painting, colouring competitions and kiddie discos, the Shanagarry Design Centre will be bursting with activity for kids of all ages!!
Leahy’s Open Farm will bring plenty of furry friends on the day, including alpacas, rabbits, pygmy goats and a mouse roulette wheel! Perky Bear will also come along thanks to Perks Family Entertainment Centre and will be joined by Nelly the Elephant from Go Safari Activity Centre, as well as Russell Rover and Billy the Bumble Bee! Local dance group, Studio D, are sure to be one of the entertainment highlights of the day with an exclusive performance during the afternoon!
The Shanagarry Design Studios, located downstairs in the Centre, will be buzzing with activity with live demos and classes for kids with the resident craftspeople, including pottery with Ann O’Riordan, painting with Phil Davis, jewellery making with Annemarie Foley and live demos by Belinda Northcote, Kieran Stack, Egle Dami and Janet Turra!
Note: If you know of any family friendly events in Cork that we may have missed please email us on [email protected] or let us know on Facebook.